Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Sandwich and a Ghost?

      I was enjoying the early part of Tuesday before the expected showers of the afternoon.  One of my stops was the Moss Beach Distillery, in Half Moon Bay.

I had always wanted to go there.  The strength of my cheapness was down, it lost in the battle against my curiosity, and I walked in.

  We drove through the narrow road and made a right into their parking lot area.  We decided to sit at the bar.  The cheapest food item was a virgin oyster shooter for 5 bucks.  Well I was hungry, tired and running on 1.5 hours of sleep, so I needed to have more than a shooter.  I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich: 18 bucks.  It was on a ciabatta roll, and had gruyere cheese and roasted pepper aioli.  It came with thin crispy fries.

     As we were waiting at the bar for our order something happened.  All of a sudden I felt like the table sunk as my stool rose.  As soon as it happened I felt out of balance which made me grip the counter.  I felt like I was going to fall off the stool.  When it was over I looked down for the foot lever I must have pushed with my foot, but there was no lever!  I got off the stool to inspect the stool correctly; I was looking for that lever.  Then my friend said my weight must have moved the stool.  I asked him to help me jump on the stool to see if it moved.  It did not move.  Therefore, I came to the conclusion that it must have been the Blue Lady.




The Blue Lady is said to haunt the restaurant.  Sometime in the 1930's she was found on the beach below the restaurant.  She had been stabbed to death the night before.  She was said to have worked at the restaurant and was having an affair with a man who played the piano there.

            I plan on returning so that I can further investigate that stool.  Next time I may order the oyster shooter, heavy on the vodka!

No comments:

Post a Comment