Thursday, March 31, 2011

Acceptable Chinese Food Restaurant


I usually have problems finding an acceptable Chinese food restaurant.  I prefer not too greasy, or too salty, and good service.  I found a new Chinese food restaurant: New Mandarin Garden Chinese Food. 


I went in with a friend and we ordered: Guo Tieh (Pot Stickers), Seafood Soup Noodle, and Tan Tan Noodle.

The Pot Stickers were good as they usually are anywhere you get them. What was new for me was that they came with a sauce that appeared and tasted like soy sauce (but not as salty), and it had pieces of chopped green onion and jalapenos.




The Seafood Soup Noodle was bland.  I poured the remaining Pot Sticker sauce in the soup for flavor.  The soup had: noodles, muscles, prawns, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, squid, and a vegetable I don't know.




The Tan Tan Noodle was spicy, appeared to have something that looked and kind of tasted like ground beef, and it had peanut sauce.  It was flavorful, but not my cup of tea.




I would rate this place a B. They have plenty of parking, and many items on their menu, they service is o.k. the food looks good, it arrives soon after you order, but my main dish was a little bland for me, and the look of the restaurant is too washed out(need more color).

they are at:  744 El Camino Real , South San Francisco.

Here is the link to their menu:
http://south-san-francisco.eat24hours.com/restaurant/new-mandarin-garden/3303/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment